RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATION DETAILS
- Grant applications are being accepted for the 2020-2021 cycle until Friday, July 31.
- The grant application is a fillable PDF file - save to your computer first, then complete the application.
- Completed applications are to be emailed to email@example.com.
- Recipients of grants for the 2020-2021 cycle will be announced at
LEAP: Fall 2020 on Sept. 25.
HAVE QUESTIONS? Contact the Research Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the OPTA office at
2019 Research Grant Award Recipients
The OPTA Research Committee would like to recognize and congratulate the following researchers, along with their respective team members, as the 2019 OPTA Research Grant recipients. This year's winning projects were chosen from exceptional applications and will receive funds to support clinical site fees, equipment costs, and participant support costs.
PROJECT: "The Effects of Bilateral Knee Pain & Dry Needling on Laterality Recognition, Movement & Function"
- Principal Investigator: Cody Mansfield, PT, DPT, AT, OCS, FAAOMPT
- Co-Investigators: Matt Briggs, PT, DPT, PhD, SCS, AT; Jimmy Onate, PhD, AT, ATC, FNATA; Laura Boucher, PhD, AT, ATC
PROJECT: "An Investigation of Child-Caregiver Interactions in the Motor Behaviors of Children with Cerebral Palsy"
- Principal Investigator: Sarah Schwab, PT, DPT
- Co-Investigators: Paula Silva, PhD; Michael Riley, PhD
PROJECT: "Influence of Sensory System Constraints on Brain Activity During Postural Control Task Performance"
- Principal Investigator: David Sherman, PT, DPT, ATC
- Co-Investigators: Grant Norte, PhD, ATC, CSCS; Jochen Baumeister, PhD
OPTimize 2019 Best Platform Presentation
PROJECT: "Initiation of Physical Therapy in Pediatric Patients with Lateral Ankle Pain: A Retrospective Therapy"
OPTimize 2019 Best Poster Presentation
PROJECT: "The Effects of Therapeutic Riding of Social Skills and Sensory Functioning in Children with Autism"
- Investigators: from the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at the University of Dayton
· Betsy Donahoe-Filmore, PT, PhD
· Students: Jenna Behnfeldt, SPT; Jordan Bevins, SPT; Cristin Carter, SPT; Stephanie Dailey, SPT; Kelsey Haynes, SPT; Christy Lee, SPT; Sarah Soboslay, SPT and Allison Richard, SPT