CLICK HERE to access the Online Portal for CE Applications
All applications must now be submitted using our new online portal. We have implemented a paperless system to provide enhanced security for our customers and to conserve valuable resources.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING REGARDING LICENSE RENEWAL:
1) PTs require 24 CEUs and PTAs require 12 CEUs, both in a two-year renewal period.
2) Courses used for license renewal must have Ohio approval numbers. Check for Ohio approval numbers prior to taking a course.
3) You can take MORE than the required number of courses, but only courses with Ohio approval numbers may be used for license renewal.
4) Companies and other associations choose whether or not to submit a course for approval in Ohio. OPTA only reviews what is submitted.
5) Please note that due to the high standards for license renewal, Ohio does NOT have CE reciprocity with any other states.
6) The application/approval process may take up to 60 days to complete, please plan your application(s) accordingly. Incomplete applications will be delayed until all necessary documentation is provided.
Individual Application Fee = $25 for APTA/OPTA Members / $40 for non-members.
Sponsor Application Fees (based on number of contact hours in the course)
- 1-3 CEUs = $100
- 3.25-7 CEUs = $150
- 7.25-12 CEUs = $175
- 12.25-20 CEUs = $200
- 20.25 or more CEUs = $225
The Ohio Physical Therapy Association, through the Continuing Education Committee, is an entity authorized by the Physical Therapy Section of the Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainer's Board (hereafter referred to as the PT Section of the OT, PT, AT Board) to review and approve continuing education courses, programs and activities that contribute to the growth of a participant's professional competence in the practice of physical therapy. Refer to Section 4755.53 (C) of the Ohio Revised Code.
Ohio-approved Course Listing:
*Is my course Ohio-approved? Click here for a list of Ohio-approved courses + approval numbers.
Continuing Education Approval Information:
Notice: You do not need to submit an application to OPTA for approval in the following instances:
- Coursework completed at a CAPTE accredited Entry-Level DPT
- Coursework completed during a Transitional DPT program
- Service as an APTA PT/PTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor (CI) - Click here for more information on calculating CEUs for Clinical Instruction
- Service as a mentor in an APTA credentialed residency / fellowship program
- Passing the following specialty examinations will qualify for twenty-four contact hours of CE in the year the examination is taken:
Have More Questions?
LICENSE RENEWAL: For questions pertaining to the renewal process, renewal requirements, audit process or address changes, contact the OTPTAT Licensure Board at (614) 466-3774.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: For CE related questions, i.e to see if a course has been approved, or to check the status of your application, please sign in to the CE Application portal or contact the Ohio Physical Therapy Association at (614) 855-4109 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuing Education Resources: