AWARD DESCRIPTION (download the .pdf version)
To acknowledge a Student Physical Therapist or Student Physical Therapist Assistant who has made significant contributions to the professional organization or to the promotion of physical therapy in the community.
NATURE OF AWARD
A plaque will be presented at the OPTA Annual Recognition Meeting & Luncheon on April 14, 2018. An official announcement of the award will appear in OPTA’s magazine, ACCESS, and will be posted on the OPTA website.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
- Nominee must be a member in good standing of the OPTA.
- Nominee must have good academic standing.
- Demonstrated involvement in the promotion of physical therapy or community service (e.g. organizing or participating in community events such as Race for the Cure or PT Month).
- Demonstrated leadership amongst peers.
- Demonstrated significant contributions to OPTA -- (e.g. speaking to other students about the benefits of belonging, attending events, etc.)
PROCEDURE FOR NOMINATION
- Complete online submission form to submit your nomination; all nominations must be submitted online, along with one support letter attached to the form.
- Nominations must be submitted by Friday, March 1, 2019.
The nominator is responsible for submitting the following documents as a single email
- One letter of support focusing on the strengths of the nominee in relation to award criteria.
Notification of receipt of nomination packet
- After successful submission of the nomination, the nominator will receive a confirmation email.
- The Awards Committee Chair will notify the nominator when all required materials have been received and the nomination package is considered complete.
- Once the nomination is received, the nominee will be contacted to obtain their Curriculum Vitae/Resume.
NOTIFICATION OF AWARD
The Awards Committee Chair will notify the award recipient/nominator pair and those not selected promptly via a formal letter sent on OPTA letterhead.