AWARD DESCRIPTION (download the .pdf version)
To acknowledge a clinical instructor for outstanding contributions to the clinical education aspect of the physical therapy profession; To encourage clinical instructors to become credentialed by the APTA and remain active in the physical therapy education community.
NATURE OF AWARD
A plaque will be presented at the OPTA Annual Recognition Meeting & Luncheon on April 6, 2019. An official announcement of the award will appear in OPTA’s magazine, ACCESS, and will be posted on the OPTA website.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
- Nominee must be a member in good standing of the OPTA.
- Have completed a minimum of 12 contact hours of continuing education in the area of clinical education OR be an APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor.
- Have been a clinical instructor/center coordinator for clinical education for at least 5 years, averaging at least 1 student per year.
- May be a physical therapist or a physical therapist assistant.
- Performance as a clinical instructor must be demonstrated as outstanding as outlined in a nominee's letters of support.
- Preferred candidates will be a member of the APTA Education Section.
PROCEDURE FOR NOMINATION
- Complete online submission form to submit your nomination; all nominations must be submitted online, along with one support letter attached to the message.
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, March 1, 2019.
The nominator is responsible for submitting the following documents
One letter of support focusing on the strengths of the nominee in relation to award criteria
Obtaining a completed Student Statement of Recommendation form (see attached)
Notification of receipt of nomination packet
The Awards Committee Chair will notify the nominator when all required materials have been received and the nomination package is considered complete.
Once the nomination is received, the nominee will be contacted to obtain their Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- After successful submission of the nomination, the nominator will receive a confirmation email.
NOTIFICATION OF AWARD
The Awards Committee Chair will notify the award recipient/nominator pair and those not selected promptly via a formal letter sent on OPTA letterhead.