HANDOUTS / PROGRAMMING
Transform 2019 will bring you more than 40 content leaders, presenting on 27 topics all centering around orthopaedics, pain management, professional development + more! In addition, our new knowledge pathways will allow you the option to choose sessions of a specific interest if you wish to go that route.
Wondering what the letters indicate? They are the new Knowledge Pathways! If you have a specific focus you are interested in, follow our Knowledge Pathways so you can hear from content leaders on those specific topics.
- A - General/Medical Topics
- B - Orthopaedics Topics
- C - Professional/Education Topics
- D - "Wildcard" Topic
*Recommended session for the Early Professional attendee
ALL HANDOUTS WILL BE POSTED HERE PRIOR TO ANNUAL CONFERENCE. TO GO GREEN, OPTA DOES NOT PRINT HANDOUTS - PLEASE DOWNLOAD AHEAD OF TIME OR ACCESS ON A TABLET OR COMPUTER.
FRIDAY, APRIL 5 SESSIONS:
MORNING WORKSHOP (9:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.)
Morning Ignite Speaker (9:15 - 10:30 a.m.)
- Kathy Parry - Rubber Band Resilience: How to Stretch without Snapping
Session #1 (10:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.)
- A - Physical Therapists Can Really Do This??? PT and Pelvic Health, the Basics *
- B - Talking to Patients About Pain; We Need to do Better
- C - Choosing a Residency That's Right for You! *
- D - Lessons Learned and Treatment of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in Pediatrics
AFTERNOON WORKSHOPS (1:15 - 4:30 p.m.)
Session #2 (1:15 - 2:45 p.m.)
- A - How to Ensure Success of a Large Patient Reported Outcome Program in a Large Healthcare Institute
- B - Four Power Transform Talks: Effectiveness of Blocked Scapular Stretching on Shoulder Range of Motion; Why We Should Teach Joint Mobilization to PTAs; Evaluating Swimmers for Sport Readiness: What Measure Are Important? Dry-Land Assessment Tools; The Wild West of Dry Needling: Why Research Needs to Catch Up to Clinical Practice
- C - Innovative Clinical Education: Designing Interprofessional Learning Activities for the Clinic
- D - Lifestyle Medicine in Physical Therapy Practice: Transforming Healthcare via Self-Care: Part I *
Session #3 (3:00-4:30 p.m.)
- A - Introduction to Wound Assessment and Treatment
- B - ACL Injuries in the Pediatric Athlete: Prevention and Management Unique to the Skeletally Immature
- C - Know Yourself and Communicate More Effectively to Your Patients, Staff, and Boss: Part I *
- D - Lifestyle Medicine in Physical Therapy Practice: Transforming Healthcare via Self-Care: Part II *
SATURDAY, APRIL 6 SESSIONS:
MORNING WORKSHOPS (8:00 - 11:15 a.m.)
- A - Oncology Rehab Principles for Outpatient Physical Therapy: Session I
- B - Improving Clinical Diagnostic Decision Making and Treatment for Young Athletes with Low Back Pain
- C - Respect the Bubble! How am I as a Professional with Social Media, Personal Boundaries & Cell Phones? *
- D - Mental Health Disorders: Strategies for Approach and Treatment
- A - Oncology Rehab Principles for Outpatient Physical Therapy: Session II
- B - Let's Not Overlook Sacroiliac Pain!
- C - Know Yourself and Communicate More Effectively to Your Patients, Staff, and Boss: Part II *
- D - Innovations in Outcome Measures and Exercise Dosing for Adolescents and Adults with Disabilities
AFTERNOON WORKSHOP (1:30 - 3:00 p.m.)
- A - Four Power Transform Talks: Leveraging Neuroplastic Change in Neuro Patients: Three Simple Rules; Health Literacy 2.0: What's In Your Health Literacy Toolbox?; It Takes a Village; 911 Hotspotting: Getting Fall Prevention into the Homes of the People Who Need it Most
- B - Kinesio Taping Assessments, Fundamental Concepts and Corrective Techniques. *
- C - Modeling Learning Health System Principles to Maximize Value-Based Care Delivery in Physical Therapy
- D - Serial Casting the Pediatric Lower Extremity in the Outpatient Setting
During the registration process, you will choose one (1) session from each workshop to attend during the day.
Not sure what sessions you signed up for? You can access your session choices at any time by logging into the OPTA website, going to My Profile, and choose Manage Profile. Under Manage Profile, you'll see your Event Registrations which lists the course sessions you chose! Bring the list with you to Transform 2019.
Take a look through the Schedule of Events and Session Brochure below, and choose the sessions that you want to attend! CE applications are pending Ohio review; more information on CEUs for physical therapists and physical therapist assistants will be posted in a few weeks.
Transform 2019 has been approved in Ohio for 10.5 CEUS
Friday - 6 CEUs #19S0493
Saturday - 4.5 CEUs #19S0494