Member Sign In | Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Join

Why Join OPTA?

The Ohio Physical Therapy Association is a chapter of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), which represents more than 90.000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants and students nationwide.

Organized in 1951, OPTA aims to promote the practice of PT as a medical profession for preventative and rehabilitative purposes in the areas served by the organization. Through programming and advocacy, OPTA brings the collective influences of our 3,300+ members together into a single voice on vital issues affecting our profession.

Click here to join today!

Annual Dues Structure

Membership dues include a one-year membership in APTA, OPTA and your local district. It's an investment in both your current status and your future!

  • PT Members = $465 ($170 to OPTA, $295 to APTA)
  • PTA Members = $289 ($99 to OPTA, $190 to APTA)
  • Student Members = $90 ($10 to OPTA, $80 to APTA)

Joining and renewing your membership is quick, easy and available online, so visit today! Dues can also be paid in installments. If paid by credit card and payment in four bimonthly installments is preferred, simply ask for the Installment Payment Plan when you submit your dues payment. 

Read our Frequently Asked Questions page and learn about the benefits of OPTA membership below.


Benefits of Membership - Why Should You Join?

  • LEGISLATIVE EFFORTS - Strong, ongoing representation in legislative and regulatory affairs at the state and national level, including a recently-held Advocacy Day at the Ohio Statehouse—your voice for your profession
  • OPTA PAYMENT POLICY SPECIALIST - An expert in payment policy is available to answer your questions and provide timely updates on changes and trends
  • PERSONAL CONNECTIONS - According to a Harvard University study, 15% of the reason a person gets, keeps or advances in a job is due to knowledge and skills. The other 85% is connecting with people and making personal connections. Whether it’s exciting the next generation of PTs, sharing information with local colleagues or meeting peers from across the U.S., OPTA helps you build lasting connections
  • WEEKLY MEMBER UPDATE - OPTA’s weekly email newsletter keeps you up-to-date on Ohio PT news and national issues from APTA. Not receiving it on Thursday? Contact us!
  • CONTINUING EDUCATION - Professional development courses and conferences sponsored by OPTA to enhance your expertise at a discount rate
  • DISCOUNTS - Travel discounts up to 20% for all hotels in the Wyndham family, rental car discounts up to 25% off + more! 
  • OPTA WEBSITE - Exclusive access to members-only resources, including a personalizable member MyProfile page, online member directory, legislative information, CE storage and digital group networking
  • ACCESS MAGAZINE - Members receive OPTA's biannual magazine, including district updates, event information and exclusive articles on your profession
  • OPTA CAREER CENTER - Gain access to the exclusive Career Center, giving you inside career opportunities only available thorugh OPTA
  • OPTA STAFF ASSISTANCE - A dedicated staff ready to answer questions and help you reach your professional goals

Contact Us

©2015 Ohio Physical Therapy
Association (OPTA)
1085 Beecher Crossing North,
Suite B - Gahanna, OH 43230
Tel: (614) 855-4109
OPTA Email:
CE Apps: