OPTA ADVOCACY DAY 2019
Details Coming Soon. Stay Tuned!
Join physical therapists, physical therapist assistants and students in attending the 2019 OPTA Advocacy Day (FREE for members)! Before registering please make sure to sign in to the OPTA website.
ABOUT THE DAY - More information coming soon!
Please plan to attend OPTA's Advocacy Day 2019 on Thursday, April 4, 2019 and make your voice heard in honor of the physical therapy profession. This event is held in conjunction with Transform 2019: OPTA's Annual Conference on Friday, April 5 and Saturday, April 6, 2019, all at the Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel in Columbus, Ohio.
All attendees should dress in business professional attire - please do not wear school polo shirts.
WHY SHOULD I REGISTER?
At OPTA's Advocacy Day, you get three things you can't get anywhere else.
- Networking with your fellow PT advocates from across the state on legislative visits led by experienced OPTA members.
- Learning the latest on current legislation and issues that impact the profession directly from OPTA's lobbyists.
- Crucial advocacy training from experts that you will then put into practice at scheduled, guided visits with your legislators.
AGENDA - Coming Soon!
New program and format coming for 2019. Advocacy Day is currently pending Ohio approval.
LEGISLATIVE INFO - Coming Soon!
Please note, OPTA will schedule your legislative appointments for you--your personalized appointment times and locations will provided to you in advance.
Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel & Ohio Statehouse
50 N 3rd St, Columbus, OH 43215
ADVOCATE FROM ANYWHERE
You don't have to be in Columbus, Ohio to make the case for physical therapy. Advocacy Day is a statewide efforts to share the message that physical therapy is essential. Use our advocacy tools to get involved today:
- APTA State Action App - Send a letter directly to your legislators in this easy to use app.
- Connect with us using #PTadvocacy & #AdvocacyDay2019 to be a part of the social voice for PT
- Advocacy page - A members-only resource where you can find the recent HB 131 updates, a legislative toolkit + many other resources