Join the East Central District for a night of Legislative talk and hot topics pertaining to physical therapy. This interactive session will have an open forum and current topics that you face in your practice or academic environment. Within this one-hour discussion, the presenter will discuss the critical physical therapy issues within Ohio and the national level issues that could influence practice. The presentation will also provide strategies to embrace your inner advocate and develop a plan to help push advocacy into action with tools and tips to move us forward together. We encourage everyone to bring some questions that they would like to discuss with the presenters, district officers, Stark State faculty and other attendees. We are encouraging a very interactive session and feel you will have a lot to take away from this event! Immediately following the presentation there will be a reception! This is a great time to catch up with old and new friends, colleagues and other PTs in your district!
What: East Central District Legislative and Hot Topics Night
Where: Stark State College | 6200 Frank Avenue N.W., North Canton, OH 44720 | Student Center Room S204/205
When: Thursday, May 24
Time: 6:00 - 8:00 PM
Cost: OPTA Professional Member - $15 | OPTA Student Member - $10 | Non-Member Professional - $20 | Non- Member Student $15
Registration Deadline: May 21
CEUs: 1.0 pending
Speaker: Edie Knowlton Benner PT, PhD, OCS, Co-owner Advanced Rehabilitation & Health Specialists, Adjunct Faculty Cleveland State University Megan Donaldson PT, PhD, Associate Professor Walsh University Physical Therapy, B.S., MS D'Youville College; Ph.D., Noca Southeastern University; FAAOMPT
At the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Identify the current bills proposed in Ohio that may affect our ability to practice.
- Understand the purpose of the APTA PT-PAC and what you can do as a professional to influence the decision makers.
- Demonstrate the ability to locate the information to contact their legislators
- Discuss critical factors impacting the future of private practice physical therapy
- Discuss the major motions that will be discussed at the APTA House of Delegates