| || |
Dear OPTA Members,
Based upon the current status of the COVID-19 crisis and the mass gathering order issued by Governor DeWine, the OPTA has elected to cancel the 2020 Annual Conference (Transform 2020) and suspend all OPTA district activities and events until further notice.
The health, safety and well-being of all our members—and those in our community circles—is paramount. While this decision will come at a significant cost to OPTA, we firmly believe it is the right one for our members, our organization and the profession as we endeavor to be responsible global citizens during this pandemic.
Although we cannot put a timeline on the resumption of regular OPTA activities, we look forward to seeing you at an event in the near future. In the meantime, stay tuned for information on online/remote opportunities so we can all stay connected as we conduct our business.
The following is our anticipated course of action:
- All Transform 2020 registrants and exhibitors will be issued a full refund. We appreciate your patience as we methodically work through the individual reimbursement process.
- If you have made a hotel reservation for Transform 2020, a reminder to cancel that reservation as soon as possible.
- PACcy Hour registrants will be contacted directly regarding our PAC fund. We anticipate having a virtual PAC raffle with a fabulous prize—we’ll keep you posted!
- OPTA elections will be held via online “town hall” style on Friday, April 24 during the lunch hour. We will post specific time, access information and details as they become available. All OPTA members are encouraged to participate in our election process.
- All OPTA Award Recipients, when announced, will be honored at our fall conference. We look forward to celebrating your success in September!
- OPTA will ramp up our Lunch & Learn Webinar Series to provide our members with additional opportunities to obtain CE in 2020. A reminder to check our full Ohio-approved course listing on our website at OhioPT.org > Continuing Ed > Ohio-approved Courses.
Thank you, again, for your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate this new blueprint and monitor the best path forward during these challenging times. Stay safe, and we’ll see you at Transform 2021—if not before!